Las Vegas 55+ Communities Seller's Guide
by Lenny Martin
Selling your home could be frustrating but doesn't have to be as long as you hire a professional experienced realtor that cares. Here are the necessary steps to take in order to sell your house.
- Get the right realtor for the job - I bring 22+ years of experience in Las Vegas, Henderson and Green Valley real estate markets, I carefully listen to what my clients have to say so I can best meet their needs.
- Condition your house for the sale - fixing wear and tear, that could include touch up paint, cleaning or replacing carpet, general cleaning, refreshing curb appeal, etc. Most updates will be cosmetic. I can provide referrals for most services.
- Price has to be right - before I list your home I will do an extensive market research in your neighbourhood, will pin all listed and sold homes in your community and outlying areas and submit results to you. I will then ask you whether selling price is of essense or time it will take to sell and together we will determine a balance and set the best asking price that will let you achieve your goals.
- Marketing - in order to get the best results your property needs to be marketed properly. I will have a professional photographer take panoramic photos and create a virtual tour that will then be part of the MLS listings along with detailed information of your house, your subdivision and your community. I will also create numerous internet and social media ads including showcasing your home on this site. All of my ads will have my direct contact information. Other marketing tools could include a for sale sign, open houses, direct mail and email campaigns, home highlight information to realtors in the area, professional tours and more.
- Showing - it is very important to follow certain procedures when showing your house to prospective buyers. When I set an appointment with you for a real estate agent to bring a buyer and show your house I will recommend that you remove all clutter, open a doors and windows to let fresh air circulate, turn on the lights, put pets away, remove valuables from plain view, remove foreign objects from front lawn and backyard, etc.
- Offer - negotiating an offer takes skill and experience. I pride myself in getting the maximum value for my clients through offer negotiations. I will also negotiate terms such as amount of earnest money deposit, close of escrow date, repairs, contingencies, will guide you through all the necessary paperwork all the way. I will verify buyers' financial capacity to close transcaction with the buyers' mortgage company and will stay on top of the process.
- Closing - I will interact with escrow and title to verify total proceeds from the sale and will make sure that deed is recorded. I will oversee the final walk through and transfer of keys.
- Relocation - I will be happy to arrange for a moving company, refer a relocation agent, recommend a storage facility, etc. If you plan to move to another state I could refer you to a real estate agent in the area who will help you find a new home.